|Ship-to-Shore Crane Engineer
Posted on : December 20, 2008
Company : Industrial Ports Engineering Services ( Nigeria) Ltd.
Career Level : Entry Level
Experience : 5 Years plus
Job Description :
Industrial Ports Engineering Services ( Nigeria) Ltd. is a customer oriented and performance driven Engineering Company known in the Port for their outstanding services in Nigeria. Our services include but are not limited to design, procurement, construction, repair and maintenance of Electricity Generating Equipment, Sub-Stations and Electricity distribution up to 11 kV, Compressors, Pumps, Construction of any kind of steel structure, Cranes - Diesel/Electric and Diesel/Hydraulic, any kind of handling equipment, and supply of API line pipes, API Valves. Our qualified local personnel is supported by experienced resident engineers with state of the art tools and machinery for effective services.
Would you like to be part of our international team and provide outstanding service to our customers? Then you should join us on site as soon as possible as
Ship-to-Shore Crane Engineer or Service Technician (m/f)
with focus on electronics/electrics
* Provide A to Z of technical services for ship-to-shore and Liebherr/mobile cranes for high performance container handling
* Manage your team of trained service personnel (3) directly under your responsibility - fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must
* Ability to work at heights – crane operator height is up to 50 m
* Challenging 2 year term position based in Lagos (Nigeria/West Africa)
Your goal is to ensure the high operational performance of our customer’s 6 ship-to-shore Container cranes and 2 Liebherr/mobile harbour cranes. Your demanding, hands on tasks range from successfully running, maintaining and repairing of the cranes in the port of Lagos, ensuring the standard of workmanship, performance and quality to the customers’ expectations. You will personally restart the equipment and maintain a permanent responsibility that it is running efficiently after having been repaired. Embedded in a multi-cultural team of 6 Expatriate Engineers, you will supervise your team of 3 local technicians and provide prompt and accurate daily reports to our clients, including all non-conformances and malfunctions as well as relevant issues and solutions. You will also report regularly to your superior and be closely connected to your 51 technical services colleagues in Lagos. Acting as our company’s representative, your responsible job definitely will be anything but boring, and you will enjoy working on your own initiative.
* An engineering background with focus on electronics or electrical engineering is essential
* You are customer-focused and bring to us at least 5 years of solid technical experience in repair or maintenance of ship-to-shore and mobile cranes
* You should be able to lead and motivate your team and build good relationships with colleagues and others
* You are a calm person of good nerves, with great flexibility to cope with unexpected situations and a high degree of personal responsibility
* If you have a valid driver’s licence and are fluent in English (written and spoken), we would like to meet you immediately
What we can offer you:
Take it for granted that we are offering you an attractive salary (excl. social benefits) and other exciting benefits such as free furnished accommodation, plus a vehicle and a driver as well as an attractive leave period.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your English CV stating your period of notice to the following address:
Industrial Ports Engineering
Services ( Nigeria) Limited
3, Sebanjo Close,
Apapa – Lagos
Phone : +234 1 773 11 50/1
Phone : +234 1 775 68 26
Mrs. P. Osayagbon
You can also reach us in Germany via
Phone: +49 4165 216 454
Fax : +49 4165 216 453